PCHC knows we can and must do more for our children. So, we are renovating this building into a NEW, integrated health center for Maine’s children and their families, set to open in October 2019. PCHC has already begun this building expansion in the former Verizon building at 6 Telcom Drive, off Union Street in Bangor, featuring integrated pediatric primary care and mental health, expanded group rooms, walk-in care for ages 0-20, speech and audiology services, and a community space. Funds raised will not only allow for expanded capacity to serve more children and families in a new, state-of-the-art facility, but are your personal investment in the future of this region and our children, the recruitment and retention of world-class providers to Bangor, and hope for thousands of families.
As a community health center, the new PCHC Pediatrics Center is designed around the concept of “community” and our commitment to the success of Maine families.
- There will be a dedicated community room for events, local groups, parenting classes, business meetings, cooking and nutrition classes, and other activities that nurture a sense of connection and belonging.
- Our providers and staff will work in team rooms that foster collaboration to ensure that our patients are getting what they need, when they need it, and by the best qualified member of PCHC staff.
- Common areas – like waiting rooms or reception space – will feel safe and comfortable. Larger than our current spaces, they will create efficiencies for busy parents and give our patients room to maneuver.
- The space will demonstrate our commitment to the inherent worth of every person, by ensuring the new center is beautiful, large enough to meet the unmet needs in our region, and adaptable for the future.
22,000 sq. ft.
More than doubles the size of our current practice on Union Street
30 exam rooms
That’s 10 more exam rooms than we currently have, which means more access for our children
6 consult spaces
These consultation rooms will expand our current mental health services for children and families
More than a building, It’s a Promise
The new PCHC Pediatrics Center is not just for today’s children, but for tomorrow’s children. It’s a strategic long-term investment in the greater Bangor region. It is more than just a building. It’s a promise.
This space will also offer:
- Larger laboratory space and a bigger immunization preparation room to care for more pediatric patients, more efficiently
- PCHC’s Audiology and Speech Therapy services for all ages
- Office and classroom spaces for PCHC Pharmacy Department and Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Flexible and diverse spaces that can be adapted to meet the evolving needs of our communities